Monday, January 19, 2009

Abbondanzieri Furious About Getafe Transfer Games

Roberto Abbondanzieri has revealed his anger over Getafe's attempts to scupper his return to Boca Juniors and stated that he will never forgive president Ángel Torres.

The 36-year-old Argentinian goalkeeper thought a deal had been agreed that would see him move to the Xeneizes-outfit for the last two years of his career, only for the Spanish side to demand more money.

That move saw Abbondanzieri try to withdraw from the Getafe squad to play Racing at the weekend, but instead he took his place on the bench while still fuming about his current status.

"Things are going very badly for me. My choice is to finish my career with Boca, that is decided," Marca quote him as saying.

"It is simple. I received an offer to play for two years at the club where I had my best year and I decided to accept it.

"The problem is that the president of Getafe changed his mind when the agreement had already been reached. To put clauses in now is stupid because it is ruining my chances.

"When we were going to sign the deal there was an agreement for €300,000, but then he said that he wanted €100,000 more. I was stunned.

"They are trying to create something for €100,000 more when I have always given my best for the club. That is what bothered me the most and made me choose not to play any more.

"These games are completely unnecessary.

"I had a very good relationship with him, but we will see how this can be resolved. The damage between us has already been done though."

Lucas Brown, Goal.com