Tuesday, January 20, 2009

I Dream Of Playing For Real Madrid - Luis Suárez

Amidst rumours of Barcelona interest, Luis Suárez has today declared that it is his dream to play for arch-rivals Real Madrid.

The forward, who was signed by Ajax from Groningen in the summer of 2007 for €7.5 million, has looked impressive in his time with the Dutch giants, scoring eleven times in 22 matches this season, and providing plenty of assists.

He admitted today that one of the lures of playing for Real Madrid would be to partner up with old team-mate Klaas-Jan Huntelaar in the Spanish capital.

"I want to play in Spain," he told onsoranje.nl .

"I know I have four years left on my contract and I know that Ajax intend to keep me, but my dream is to play for a great Spanish football club; going to Real Madrid, with Klaas."

Whether or not Real Madrid would be interested in the player, who often plays as a second-striker or a winger, is not known, but they will certainly be glad to hear their name mentioned rather than Barcelona's.

The Catalan side have been linked to the player who, at just 21-years-old, is highly-rated around Europe and has a good scoring record for the Uruguay national team.

If Suárez is to move then it would almost certainly be next summer at the earliest, and depending how the second-half of the season goes, he could well be on his way to Spain.

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com