Saturday, January 24, 2009

Edmilson 'Frustrated' By Villarreal Exit

New Palmeiras signing, Edmilson, has spoken today about his reasons for leaving Villarreal this winter.

The midfielder told Marca that even though he wanted to succeed with the Spanish side, and was 'discontent and frustrated' to leave, he needed to playing time on the pitch.

"It is sad for me to go like this, as my intention is to do something important with every club, but things have happened this way," he began.

"For sure, everything was not right from the start, and for some time, I was ready to play matches, but the coach has not given me what I desired, and because of that, it was preferable for me to leave."

The midfielder added that he is sure that if he could have played two or three consecutive matches, he could have helped Villarreal out a lot.

Despite his obvious grief at leaving Spain though, he seems to be content with his new club, and believes that he has made the right choice.

"I am 32-years-old, I am feeling good, and I think I have taken a good decision by finding a place where I will be counted on and where I can enjoy the rest of my career as a player," he mused.

"I have tried to do my best at Villarreal, but it has not been possible, and I did not want to stay there as it was.

"I return to Brazil with the same desire that I had when I began, to confront a new challenge."

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com