Saturday, January 24, 2009

Milan Star Kakà: I’m Flattered By Real Madrid Interest

Milan superstar Kakà turned down a lucrative move to Premier League big-spenders Manchester City at the start of the week, despite the Rossoneri allegedly agreeing a record-breaking fee of €120 million to part company with their prized asset.

However, the rumour mill has soon set off again and Spanish media are adamant that the 22-year-old’s ardent desire to join Primera División champions Real Madrid was behind his decision to rebuff City.

A journalist for newspaper AS approached Kakà yesterday after he returned home from training, and the Rossoneri No. 22 briefly commented on the rumours linking him with los Merengues.

“It is obviously pleasing to know that big clubs such as Real or Chelsea are interested in me,” AS quotes him as having said.

“I did not speak out over the past few days, because I feel a lot of pressure and things are still tense. I prefer to remain calm, as newspapers say I am a Real player one day, and a Chelsea one the day after.”

Vince Masiello, Goal.com