Thursday, January 22, 2009

Manchester City Line-Up Thierry Henry For End Of Season - Report

Thierry Henry is at the top of Manchester City's wish list for incoming transfers in the summer, according to a report in British broadsheet newspaper The Independent.

Although it was said that the French international struggled to settle at Barcelona last season, he still managed to score 12 goals in 30 Spanish Primera Division appearances.

The French international striker, who hold les Bleus' record as all-time top-scorer with 48 goals, has flourished under the guidance of Pep Guardiola this season finding the back of the net 11 times in 17 league ties.

La Blaugrana paid €17 million (£16 million) to prise the former Juventus and Monaco star from Arsenal in 2007, but it is reported that the Citizens would have to part with just €15 million (£14 million) to land him at the end of the season.

However, there are question marks as to whether the 31-year-old, who turns 32 in August, is keen to return to the Premier League.

Henry apparently told a Spanish sports magazine recently: "My career will be over soon and, being a striker, things go even faster.

"I have never run as much as I do at Barcelona. Physically I am OK and the way I run here demonstrates that, but the hotels and the travelling take its toll.

"When my career in Europe ends I have always said that I would like to play in the United States and it seems that is the way it is going to be."

Ricky Brooks, Goal.com