Wednesday, January 28, 2009

Antonio Hidalgo Looking For Playing Time With Osasuna

Antonio Hidalgo has revealed today why he left Real Zaragoza this winter to join Primera División relegation strugglers Osasuna.

The former Málaga man told Marca that he was not getting enough time at the Segunda club, and that he needs to play.

"I want to play and to have minutes that I did not have with Zaragoza, and to enjoy playing again in a position that I am used to," he declared.

The midfielder admitted that he has had offers from various clubs, but has decided to join Osasuna on loan, with just the small print needing to be sorted on the deal.

Hidalgo will join a side who are rock bottom of La Primera at the moment, and who are favourites for relegation. However, he does not seem too fazed by the prospect, stating that he wants to help the club fight.

"Right now the best thing for me is to go to Pamplona and to help Osasuna in every way I can. I expect to be with my team-mates as soon as possible," he asserted.

Hidalgo has started just nine matches for Zaragoza this year and admits that he was frustrated at being played out of position.

"The coach asked me to do things that were not within my style or did not fit my play and each time I had less presence. Now I will go to another place to try and feel as I did six months ago," he said.

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com




Valencia Always Go Out To Win - Unai Emery
De Rosario excited to return home