Saturday, January 24, 2009

Sevilla's Diego Capel 'Tired' Of Contract Talk

Sevilla winger, Diego Capel has declared his frustration today at constant questioning of his contract situation with the Andalucian club.

Capel, who came on last night to devastating effect in the Copa Del Rey, told Marca that he is just trying to concentrate on playing football.

"I am tired of speaking about it [contract issues]. Everything is the same, I am relaxed, and I want to continue playing. Speaking about it now, I do think that it is a story," he mused.

Certainly, after the performance last night, where he came off the bench to create havoc down the wing against Valencia, Sevilla will want to tie him down as soon as possible.

However, he remained modest today, saying he just did what he could, and that they know they have a tough task in the return leg.

"The only thing I can do, is what I am able to and, in the minutes I have, to do it the best I can. Things are turning out well and each day I am getting better. I am very pleased in that sense," he declared.

"Valencia always play better away, and they have players, that at any moment, can make things difficult. We know they are very dangerous."

Indeed, it looked as though Sevilla would be taking a lead from the first-leg when they led 2-1, but they were shocked by two late goals from Valencia.

Capel admitted that they regret not winning the game, but that they are still in the tie, and he also added he thought Adriano's goal was offside.

"The team played well in the second-half, and it is frustrating, that after coming back, we gave it away in the last minutes. We still have the attitude we had though, and that is that we are at home next, and can win it there," he opined.

On Adriano's goal, he admitted: "I thought they were going to whistle at first, but the move continued, it was all very fast. Looking at it, it was offside, but it all happened quickly."

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com