Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Agero Rules Out Exit

The Argentine youngster is one of this summer's hottest properties after scoring a total of 19 goals in La Liga, finishing as the league's third best goal-scorer and grabbing the Antonio Puerta award for best player.

Agüero's representative stated last week that Agüero was being followed by a Premier League giant that wasn't Chelsea, which led to speculation about interest from Manchester United in his services.

The Red Devils have been in the market all summer for a striking option, with rumours suggesting Alex Ferguson to have identified Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov and Agüero as his main priorities.

But the Atlético Madrid star has now apparently told the Scottish tactician he will have to choose Berbatov after claiming to be more than happy with life at Vicente Calderón.

"I want to continue at Atlético for several seasons more. I do not want to leave the club. Much has been said about offers for my transfer to other clubs, but I have told my representative that I want to continue where I am," he claimed.

Agüero stressed that "money changes nothing" when quizzed on a possible move to England, explaining that he is "very comfortable" in Spain.

"I am happy, I do not miss anything, I am treated very well at the club, I feel comfortable," he continued. "There is no reason to leave. I will stay at Atlético de Madrid one, two seasons more, the ones that are necessary."

The striker further added that he will immediately join Javier Aguirre's squad after the Olympic Games are over.

"I was asked if I planned to rest after playing in China, but I want to play. I like being active all the time," Agüero noted.


Milan keen on Berbatov
Maradona Persuades Aguero To Join Inter?
Happy Ramos flattered
Cerezo Restates: Kun Agüero Is Not For Sale