Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Samaras: I'd Miss My Golden Chance Again

Georgios Samaras has been deadly during the opening weeks of Celtic's domestic season, but was somewhat hesitant in El Madrigal on Tuesday evening.

The had a magnificent chance during the first half, surging away from dithering defender Diego Godin to put himself one-on-one with goalkeeper Diego Lopez.

The loping Greek scored a similar goal against Kilmarnock recently, but on this occasion he slowed down, let the 'keeper narrow the angle and saw his shot easily beaten away as he tried to prod beyond the goalie with the outside of his right boot.

Celtic would come to rue the miss, as Marcos Senna's classy free-kick strike gifted the Yellow Submarine the win and gave the Hoops a mountain to climb over the next four games.

However, the forward insists he would try to convert the chance in the same manner were he given the opportunity again.

"If I could turn back time, I'd do exactly the same thing," the confident hitman insisted. "That's football.

"You get chances - sometimes you score and sometimes you don't - and I feel I was a bit unlucky.

"I was confident and knew it was a really good chance - one of the best in the game - but there is nothing I can do about it now and we have to look forward."

Celtic will now prepare for the do-or-die 'Battle of Britain' double header against Mancheser United.


Golden Boy Messi Back At La Masia
Unkind twist hits at RSL’s depth
Bhoys Playing Like Barça - Crosas
Fire vent following disappointing loss