Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Bhoys Playing Like Barça - Crosas

Celtic midfielder Marc Crosas slotted into the Celtic midfield for Saturday's must-win visit to Motherwell's Fir Park.

Both the Hoops and the 'Well had made underwhelming starts to their domestic campaigns and were in desperate need of not just a win, but also a convincing performance with Euro action looming for both sides.

It was Celtic, 4-0 to the good at half-time, who finally went through the gears and went some way towards erasing the pain of a 4-2 Old Firm hammering, eventually beating the off-colour Steelmen by the same scoreline.

The Bhoys played some tantalising football at times, not least during the free-flowing, one-touch build-up that led to the fourth goal. Now, former Barca kid Crosas has insisted that the resurgent Glasgow giants played like his boyhood heroes.

He explained: "Some people in Spain felt I had made a mistake when I came to Scotland to play for Celtic.

"They didn't rate the level of football, but I think they are wrong. We have very strong side that is very much together and can play many styles of football.

"We can pass the ball to feet and score some great goals. We can get physical, play it down the flanks or, when needed, we can play a long ball. To me, that is the mark of a top quality side.

"On our day we can be exciting to watch and Barcelona would have been happy to play the way we did at Motherwell."

Eagerly anticipating his new side's impending Champions League adventure, he continued: "I was in Paris two years ago to watch Barca lift the trophy. I was playing for the Barcelona second team at the time, so I went as a fan - wearing my scarf and singing the songs.

"But nothing could compare to playing for Celtic at this level. If I get the chance on Wednesday I will be very proud and excited to play."


Shea settles into new position
Davino injury puts Moor in spotlight
Mayor Not Impressed By Barça