Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Mantovani Ecstatic Following First Serie A Goal

For Mantovani this is a happy moment as apart from soon becoming a dad he also tasted the joy of scoring in the Italian top flight as the Flying Donkeys held in-form Atalanta to a 1-1 draw.

"I'm very happy also because it's my first goal in Serie A," explained the young Chievo defender. "Obviously if the three points had arrived as well, it would have been even more exciting.

"I want to dedicate the goal to my partner, who will soon make me become a dad."

Mantovani then went on to talk about the game and the point gained from this clash.

"If we analyze the game, the draw is a good result," he continued. "They created many important chances and we had our say.

"Let's hold on to this good point, even though it will be very important to do even better, possibly starting from next Sunday."


Ekpo draws pride from Olympic success
Ibrahimovic Serie A’s Highest Paid Player