Thursday, October 23, 2008

Patient Pablo Waiting For Opportunities

Valencia have been in impressive form so far this season but for Pablo Hernández minutes have been hard to come by with the squad performing so well.

The midfielder has been on loan for the last two seasons at Getafe and he says that he would love to be able to play like he did there but that he is willing to wait for opportunities.

"It is clear that I want to play all games like I did last season with Getafe and whilst I am not getting as many minutes I know the opportunity will arrive."

"I came here knowing that it was going to be difficult and after seven league games it is hard to play more," he said.

Indeed, the midfielder has not done too bad this season so far, bearing in mind he is still just 23 years-old and has plenty of competition from more experienced colleagues. He has started in two UEFA Cup games and three league matches and he confirmed that he expects to play more in the Copa Del Rey and Europe as the campaign goes on.

"The coach continues to transmit the same confidence that he did at the start of the season. I will try to give my all to show that I can be counted on when the chance comes to play," he concluded.


Crew rally in second half to beat FCD
Tale of two halves for Hoops vs. Crew
Pablo Remaining Positive
La Liga Preview: Sporting Gijón - Getafe