Sunday, October 26, 2008

Agüero: I Still Have Much To Learn

It's probably no coincidence that Atlético Madrid started this season in superb form when Sergio Agüero was in superb form and they seem to have faltered just as the Argentine is beginning to tire.

Nevertheless, there is little doubt that he is worthy of all the praise he has got and as he prepares to receive the EFE Trophy for the best Latin American player in Spain tomorrow he says he is very pleased with the way things are going.

"It gives me great happiness to receive this award," he declared, "[Lionel] Messi and other very important players to me have won it and I am very pleased that I have now been chosen."

"The U-20 World Cup went very well, we won the title and then I started well in the league and won the Olympic gold with Argentina. I am very pleased with the way things are going and I hope to continue in the same way. I am happy but I am still a boy and have many things to learn," he mused.

The young Argentine says that he will 'try to keep improving' and with Atlético Madrid now in the Champions League there is little doubt he has good opposition to try himself out against. He says that he is hoping that his form and his clubs will continue in both Europe and in Spain too.

"I hope that this season we do well in both the league and in Europe. I confront this season with calmness and I hope that everything works out well," he concluded.


Agüero: I Was Inspired
Revitalized Cunningham aiding FCD
Hoops’ Ricchetti primed for United attack
Aguirre: Agüero Is Not 100%