Friday, October 17, 2008

Tevez: I'm Staying

Speculation over the future of Argentine forward Carlos Tevez has been rife over the last week.

Reports have suggested that Real Madrid are waiting to pounce on the 24-year-old should United get into a muddle over his permanent capture.

The Old Trafford club must pay €37 million to Tevez's management company MSI, or risk losing him.

Meanwhile, the player was pointing the finger at Red Devils boss Sir Alex Ferguson. He was quoted as saying that the Scot is failing to get the best out of him.

Regardless, United remain bullish with regards to their long-term plans for the former West Ham man. Now, Tevez has also come out of his closet, doing what Cristiano Ronaldo failed to do this summer past: denying an exit strategy.

"I have not given any interviews saying I have any difficulties in the Premier League," he said via his representative. "I have absolutely no idea where the reports came from.

"I just want to help the team win - that's my prime objective.

"I am not worried where I play on the pitch, nor do I feel any extra pressure playing in the Premier League compared to other leagues."


Mourinho Vows To Take Calcio Back To The Top
McBride set to make Fire debut