Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Mehmet Pleased With Betis Progress

Real Betis started this season in remarkably poor fashion but now they seem to be turning things around after two straight victories in the league.

The latest of those came at the weekend against lowly Osasuna and speaking about the victory, scorer of the first goal, Mehmet Aurelio, says that the team is always trying to win, and that is important.

"The truth is that the team has been playing well even though we did not win," he said, "The side has a lot of desire and always plays to win and this is very important."

Aurelio arrived at Betis this summer as one of the many names bought in to try and boost the fortunes of a side who had struggled in La Liga and he says he was made to feel very welcome at the club.

"I was surprised at how people treated me on my arrival. Everyone said I was a very good footballer and I liked that since it gave me confidence and I have to thank them for that."

"I am very happy in Seville and at the club, who have received me very well and given me everything I have needed to make me feel welcome," said the midfielder.

Against Osasuna at the weekend the Brazilian born Turk scored his first goal for his new club with a free-kick and he says that it was hard work against José Antonio Camacho's side.

"It was not easy to win against Osasuna because they had chances," he opined, "We are playing well though and playing good football, working with humility and doing the things that the fans enjoy. Scoring goals is in the mind of every player and I have coached many days to score a goal and I will continue to do so."


Spanish Debate: What’s Wrong With Betis?
Serioux answering Hyndman’s call