Friday, May 28, 2010

De Rossi - Real are an option

De Rossi - Real are an option

Daniele De Rossi admits he would be happy to join Real Madrid should Roma decide to sell him.

The Italy international has been touted as a potential summer arrival at Santiago Bernabeu, with Real set to undergo a summer rebuild.

Jose Mourinho is on the verge of being confirmed as their new coach and the Portuguese boss will be allowed to pick and choose his transfer targets.

It is claimed that he is an admirer of De Rossi's combative talents and will make securing his signature a priority upon his arrival in Spain.

Roma have sought to play down the rumours by insisting the player is not for sale, but the speculation persists.

De Rossi has now revealed that he would be prepared to head for Madrid if put in that position, but has once again reiterated that he will not be hankering after a move.

Experience

"Me at Real Madrid? I would accept that if the club told me that they need me to go. But until they send me away I will stay here," he said.

"Whatever will be, will be. For now I am focused on the national team.

"(Roma chairwoman) Roselle Sensi has consistently rejected the talk of a transfer.

"If an offer too good to turn down came in, for me it wouldn't be a sacrifice to go to Real.

"I would never join another Italian team. An experience abroad would be great, though, and if an offer came I wouldn't have any doubts about moving.

"But I repeat, unless Roma agree to sell me I will be going nowhere."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Del Piero says he'll return to JuventusRossi unlikely to join Napoli