Thursday, May 13, 2010

Higuain salutes Real fans

Higuain salutes Real fans

Gonzalo Higuain hailed the Real Madrid fans after what reportedly could have been his final game for the club.

Higuain is believed to be one of the lowest paid players at the club, having joined from River Plate in 2007.

The Argentina international has since become one of the most feared strikers in Europe and is expected to lead the line for his country at this summer's World Cup finals.

Higuain was given a rapturous reception from the club's fans as he was substituted towards the end of their 5-1 win over Athletic Bilbao.

Reports in Spain now suggest that after failing to negotiate a new deal, Real are ready to sell with speculation linking him with Chelsea, Manchester United and Manchester City.

Higuain refused to talk of his future but admitted that he was honoured by the Real fans and the support they have given to him.

"I'm proud to take the applause from these people who know that in the three-and-a-half years I've been here I have given everything for this club," said Higuain.

"Whenever I go out to play, I've left everything on the field.

"Sometimes I succeed and sometimes it goes wrong, but I'm proud of being able to wear the shirt of this team."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

FCD players proud of former teammate GoodsonBenzema - I’m staying at Real