Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mourinho plans future Madrid move

Mourinho plans future Madrid move

Inter Milan boss Jose Mourinho says he will manage Real Madrid - although he does not know when.

The Portuguese tactician has been heavily tipped to take over the Bernabeu hot seat after bettering his reputation at the Serie A side.

Mourinho had already amassed impressive amounts of silverware during his time with Porto and Chelsea respectively, but he is set to take yet more honours at the San Siro.

The Coppa Italia already has Inter's name engraved on it, meanwhile a second straight Serie A title and the Champions League could also be heading to the Italian outfit.

Won everything

But while Mourinho revealed his desire to move to the La Liga giants, he refused to entertain thoughts of an immediate switch - insisting he does not know when he will leave to manage in Spain.

In an interview with magazine Panorama to be published on Friday, Mourinho said: "What they are writing that I have a foot half in Spain and half in Milan is false. It's true I will coach Real Madrid.

"I've coached a big club in England, I'm coaching a big club in Italy and I will coach one in Spain.

"I've won everything in three countries (Portugal, England and Italy), there's nothing missing for me.

"But it makes me laugh when certain club chairmen compare me to their coaches who haven't even won a Cup of Tuscany or Reggio Calabria."

Despite his success at Inter since succeeding Roberto Mancini in 2008, Mourinho has revealed his dislike of Italian football.

That only heightened talk of an imminent move to Real, however the club looked to rebuff such suggestions by reiterating the 47-year-old still has two more seasons left to run on his contract.

Attack

And Mourinho - whose brazen personality has won him plaudits and critics in equal measure - says he is baffled by the mixed reception he often encounters.

He added: "People who come up to me and give me a pat on the back, smile and say, 'you're the best, you're great, keep going', and then as soon as they can they attack me.

"They ask me for an autograph, a photo with them and then suddenly they change. I don't like this, even some coaches do this."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Inter defeat Barcelona in semifinal openerMoratti calls for Inter focus