Thursday, May 13, 2010

Villa to hold Valencia talks

Villa to hold Valencia talks

David Villa will hold talks about his Valencia future next week amid reports he is set to join Barcelona in the summer.

Barcelona have been long-term admirers of the Spain international and are tipped to complete a deal for the striker at the end of the season.

Villa is remaining tight-lipped on his plans for next term, but will meet Valencia president Manuel Llorente after Sunday's final game of the season against Tenerife.

He said: "What is true today is that I have four years left on my contract with Valencia.

"However, once the league is finished I will meet with my president. We will look at the options out there and discuss our wishes.

"Have my desires have changed from last year? I keep that to myself, but the president of Valencia will be the first to know."

Meanwhile, reports in Spain are claiming that Barcelona presidential candidate Sandro Rosell is closing on an agreement for Villa's Valencia team-mate Juan Mata.

Rosell is prepared to offer the schemer a five-year contract to move to Camp Nou, although Mata wants to focus on the upcoming World Cup.

Mata said: "I have signed a contract with Valencia and this is my present and my future.

"Now, I only wait for a few days of calm after a hard season and to be in the World Cup squad."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/Skysports/Icons/skybet_logo.png');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:68px;}

Inter defeat Barcelona in semifinal openerAgent - No Villa talks