Sunday, September 7, 2008

Del Horno Reiterates Will To Succeed

The Basque stopper arrived at the Mestalla at the beginning of the 2006-07 season from Chelsea, but made just a handful of Liga appearances in what was a campaign fraught with drama for him.

A loan spell a Athletic Bilbao followed, at his former stomping ground he was once again considered a bit-part player.

Now he's back at Valencia and has said already that he's looking to succeed, although he is still second fiddle to Emiliano Moretti.

"I'm feeling well, and calm," he said.

"I know that all players are going to have their chances to be called up by the coach, especially once we start playing in Europe.

"I am eager to suceed and when I'm given the chance I'm going to seize the opportunity to solidify a place in the starting eleven."

Del Horno, 27, has ten caps and two goals for Spain.


Morientes: We Are Emery’s Family
Milan - No Olympics for Kaka