Thursday, September 25, 2008

I Am A Fascist - Abbiati

The shot stopper has been used sparingly by coach Carlo Ancelotti and he has been comfortable with his new role at the club.

Abbiati has decided to share his views on life away from the pitch and his revelations are likely to cause a stir in the football world.

"I am not ashamed of showing my political beliefs," Abbiati told Sportweek.

"I agree with some aspects of fascism like Patriotism and the values of the Catholic religion.

"Of Fascism I disagree with racial laws, allegiance to Hitler and the war but I like the capacity Fascism had to secure law and order, It guaranteed security for the people."

Although he has clearly stated his beliefs and disbeliefs regarding his political stance, Abbiati is unlikely to win any admirers in the world of football.

The game is always fighting against such narrow minded views like fascism and racism.


Celestini Slams Racist “Idiots”
Kljestan logging frequent flyer miles