Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Torres Proud Of Making Spanish History

David Villa might have got Euro 2008 off to a great start for Spain, but it was Fernando Torres who finished it with a bang as he scored the only goal in the final of the tournament.

Speaking today, the Liverpool player says that it gives him great pride to be a part of Spanish history, and that he realises the importance of the goal.

"The fact that your name will be in Spanish history forever is a source of pride that I would change for nothing. Before I didn't realise it but now I know the significance of the goal," he declared.

Indeed, since scoring that goal Torres has continued to find the net for his club side, and speaking to Eurosport he admitted that he has many dreams he still wants to fulfil.

"I have only earned one important title and that is the European Championships, all the others remain," he opined.

"I have time to make a reality of my dreams, and there are many. I want to win the English league and that, after 19 years without putting it in the showcases of Anfield, would be a way of entering the history of Liverpool."


Torres Out For Up To Four Games
Galaxy proud of comeback in finale
Torres: There Is A Great Campaign Behind Casillas