Sunday, November 9, 2008

Tapia: We Deserved To Win

Having been battered by Barcelona last week, Malaga put in a brave performance at the Bernabeu on Saturday night but left with nothing. Antonio Tapia, however, is refusing to get too down-hearted.

Speaking at the post-match press conference, the Malaga boss said, "They had the luck that we lacked. I believe we played a great match, in both halves. We went ahead three times and had even more chances, which we did not finish."

Tapia is clearly a 'glass half-full' type of person, as he went on to state, "Above all I am pleased with the work of my team, although obviously I am not satisfied with the result. We played good football, scored three goals, and deserved to win."

Pressed to comment on the refereeing, Tapia refused to indulge the reporters: "I am not going to think about the referees. I can only concentrate on improving things that I have control over. I will not speak about the refereeing."

Malaga will need to get over this result as soon as possible, as they face a visit from a rampant Villarreal next weekend.


Jiménez: Players Gave Their All
Player Ratings: Villarreal 4-4 Atlético de Madrid
Dynamo turn attention to defending title
Osorio’s midfield gamble pays off