Wednesday, November 19, 2008

To Sack Schuster Would Be A Shame - Drenthe

Royston Drenthe might not have been the most influential player at Real Madrid since his move in 2007 but the fact he is lending his support to Bernd Schuster today shows the unity in the team.

Ramón Calderón has called for it over the last few weeks and now with the team in a slump, the players are responding with their messages to the coach.

"Schuster is under a lot of pressure? I have heard that, but it would be a shame to sack him," declared Drenthe to Dutch newspaper, Sport Wereld.

"I respect him a lot because he has taught me how Real Madrid functions. Since the first day he has been behind me and has been supportive. The crisis is difficult for the players but more so for the coach."

Certainly Schuster has come under fire from all sections of the media after a league loss to Valladolid at the weekend. The team desperately need to win a few games in a row but Drenthe says that despite the form, he is enjoying his time at the club.

"Things are going well at Real Madrid," he mused.

"I played well against Juventus in the Champions League and up to now I am enjoying my time here."


Chivas expect aggressive RSL side
Javi García: We Are All Behind Schuster