Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Merida plans Gunners stay

Merida plans Gunners stay

Arsenal starlet Fran Merida insists he is committed to the club despite being linked with a move back to his native Spain.

Atletico Madrid and Sevilla have both been credited with an interest in the exciting attacker.

Merida's current contract expires next summer, but Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger claimed earlier in the month a new deal had been agreed between all parties.

The 19-year-old, who scored his first goal for the club in the recent Carling Cup win over Liverpool, is adamant he is not thinking about leaving Arsenal and believes he is improving as a player at Emirates Stadium.

"I am committed to Arsenal and I am only thinking of playing there," Merida told Marca .

"I feel I am improving every day and the manager is now involving me more in first-team training."



Atletico confirm Merida interestRSL’s Findley named MLS Player of the Week