Saturday, November 14, 2009

Kaka has no regrets

Kaka has no regrets

Real Madrid midfielder Kaka insists he has no regrets after deciding not to move to Manchester City.

The Brazilian maestro was involved in a high-profile transfer saga in January as City were locked in negotiations with Kaka's former club AC Milan, but he opted for a summer move to Los Merengues instead of Eastlands.

City's executive chairman Gary Cook accused Milan of 'bottling' the deal which would have made Kaka the highest-paid player in the world, although he thinks he made the correct decision.

He said: "Do I regret not moving to Manchester City? No. I am happy with what I have chosen in my life.

"I've spoken a lot to Robinho and he is very happy there and Manchester City have bought a lot of quality players.

"But now I am with Real Madrid and very happy with the choice I made. I have no regrets with the decision I made."

Real are currently second in La Liga, only one point behind leaders Barcelona, and the Ј56million signing has scored three goals so far this season.

Meanwhile, Mark Hughes' City side are sixth in the Premier League with 20 points from 11 games, and their next match is a trip to Anfield to play Liverpool.

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}La Liga 2009/10. Click here to bet.

Reports: Beckham, Milan near loan dealKaka expects cup progress