Friday, November 27, 2009

Future doubts for De la Pena

Future doubts for De la Pena

Ivan de la Pena has hinted that he will retire from football in the summer if he fails to shake off a niggling injury.

The Espanyol ace admits he is finding life on the sidelines increasingly frustrating, and he could be ready to hang up his boots.

The 33-year-old feels useless while unable to take to the field and does not want to become a drain on the club's resources.

For that reason he has revealed that if he is no longer able to perform to the best of his ability he will walk away from the sport.

"I want to be training with my friends and be 100 per cent," De la Pena told Marca .

"It's a complicated situation and at the moment I can't do anything with my body.

"First of all I want to get back playing, but it has to be without discomfort if I am to give my all.

"I want to feel useful because if I am not, I am better off staying at home.

"I feel good at the moment but I need to find a solution to the problems I have."



Mancini in Real linkRookie Ring resumes training with Quakes