Monday, November 23, 2009

Kaka living the dream

Kaka living the dream

Kaka has revealed that Real Madrid were the only club he would have considered leaving AC Milan for.

The Brazilian was criticised by some for succumbing to the offer of more money when he joined Real in the summer for 67million Euros.

The attacking midfielder has rubbished such claims, citing his rejection of Manchester City last January and Chelsea in the summer as perfect examples of why he is not motivated by boosting his income.

Instead the former Sao Paulo youngster admits that it was a dream to join Real and the time was right to leave the Rossoneri after six years at the San Siro.

"Madrid is a great club," he told Cadena Cope radio station.

"I could have gone to any team if it was a matter of money, but I always dreamed about playing here. That's exactly what I told (Carlo) Ancelotti when he wanted me to sign for Chelsea.

Spectacular

"Manchester City made a spectacular offer and it was the first time Milan opened it's doors to sell me. Fans wanted me to stay and I did.

"I realised it wasn't time to leave and my wife and family helped me make the decision. If there was a day that I ever left Milan it would be to come to Madrid.

"Now I hope to win many titles here. I have a good relationship with (Sergio) Ramos, Iker (Casillas), (Lassana) Diarra and all the Brazilians."

Kaka has begun his Real career modestly with just four goals in 16 games in all competitions, but insists he is enjoying his football having been restricted by the shackles of the more tactical Serie A.

"The Calcio isn't as strong as it used to be before the corruption cases," he said of the standard of Italy's top flight.

"The tax matter also plays a role. Football there is very tactical and it taught me a lot, but I have a lot more fun now."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Real Madrid v FC Zurich 1st Half Under/Over 1.5 Goals: Over 1.5 Goals Evens

Kaka has no regretsHistoric series a ‘dream matchup’ for Chivas