Thursday, September 3, 2009

Chygrynskiy joy at 'dream' move

Chygrynskiy joy at dream move

New Barcelona signing Dmytro Chygrynskiy has expressed his relief at moving to Camp Nou.

The former Shakhtar Donetsk defender signed for the Spanish giants for a reported Ј22million and signed a five-year contract with the club.

But the 22-year-old stopper admitted that he was worried the negotiations were going to fall through.

"I am very pleased that Barcelona maintained their interest in buying me right up until the end," he told the club's official website .

"I always hoped that I would move, but I could not do too much in case I offended my club. The negotiations were very difficult and at times they even reached breaking point.

"Finally, Barca's interest bore fruit and I am able to fulfil my dream and join them."

Chygrynskiy became the Catalan giants' third signing of the summer, behind Inter Milan pair Maxwell and Zlatan Ibrahimovic, and club president Joan Laporta was full of praise for the new arrival.

He said: "I would like to emphasise his personality and professionalism as well as the sense of responsibility that he has.

"He already knows what 'mйs que un club' (more than a club) means and we hope that his period of adaptation will be quick and easy."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Champions League Specials. Click here to bet.

Richards leads Red Bulls over CrewChygrynsky completes Barca move