Thursday, September 17, 2009

Villar ponders Valladolid exit

Villar ponders Valladolid exit

Justo Villar's international ambitions could see him hanker after a move away from Real Valladolid.

The Paraguayan keeper is currently out of favour with the Primera Liga outfit, regularly finding himself consigned to the substitutes' bench.

With the 2010 World Cup weighing heavy on his mind, the South American shot-stopper admits there is only so long he can wait before being forced to look elsewhere for first-team football.

"I thought I might play against Almeria (on the opening day of the season) but the coach decided to go with Jacobo and he did well," said Villar.

"I am aware that it is now difficult to play because Jacobo is doing very well and the coach has faith in him.

"In December I might try and leave in order to get more minutes. The World Cup is approaching and it is not good to arrive at that competition without having played regularly."

He added: "During the summer I had proposals from Europe and South America but I was told that I could start the season, so I stayed. But now my situation is more difficult than I thought it would be.

"My coach with the national side (Gerardo Martino) is as worried about my situation as I am.

"I need to have more minutes on the field and if that's not possible here, I will look in another place."



Midfield workhorses give Dallas hopeZigic staying at Valencia