Friday, September 25, 2009

Barca sweat on Ibra injury

Barca sweat on Ibra injury

Barcelona striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is waiting to discover the extent of an ankle sprain he suffered against Racing Santander.

The Sweden international opened the scoring in Barca's 4-1 victory on Tuesday night but then had to be substituted early in the second half.

Ibrahimovic will undergo tests later on Wednesday but the initial suggestion is that he could be sidelined for around ten days.

If such a diagnosis proves accurate, he would then miss the trip to Malaga on Saturday as well as the UEFA Champions League clash with Dynamo Kiev next week.

However, Ibrahimovic has refused to rule himself out of anything at this stage, saying: "I don't know yet if I will be able to play in Malaga.

"I think I'm OK, maybe I need a little treatment. I'm calm."

The 27-year-old has made a fine start to his Barca career, scoring in all four of his Primera Liga games to date.



Defensive breakdowns concern DynamoIbra agrees Barca deal