Thursday, May 8, 2008

Clemente Anxious For Season To End

Murcia surrendered an early lead to go down 2-1 to Athletic and Clemente feels that the result was sympt0matic of the poor season suffered by Los Pimentoneros in their centenary year.

"The best thing would be for the season to finish as soon as possible because it has been a terrible year, somewhat like being kicked in the ass," he told reporters after the match.

"Now the objective will be to gain promotion next season, after having such a bad time in the centenary year of Murcia."

Clemente was loathe to discuss the specifics of Wednesday's match in any great detail, labelling the match as "boring".

"It should really have been a draw because no-one seemed to be any better than their direct opponent, and I imagine it was boring for the supporters," he affirmed.

"If we counted the number of times each team lost the ball we think we would reach the hundreds."

Media speculation has suggested that Clemente is on the verge of agreeing a permanent deal to coach Murcia having initially joined until the end of the season, but he indicated that he has not yet made a firm decision as to his future.

"I have no idea whether or not I will continue. At this moment I would say that I am a 51% in favour of staying and 49% towards leaving, but it is clear that there is affinity between the club and I and that I would consider staying, which is the reason why I approved the negotiations," he concluded.


Clemente Unhappy With Draw
Granero Wants Permanent Resolution
Gattuso staying put, say Milan
Quakes still waiting on offense