Saturday, May 3, 2008

Hildebrand: Barça One Of The World's Best

Barcelona are set for their second successive season without winning a trophy and have failed to win any of their last five league games, but despite their current woes, Hildebrand knows that their opponents still possess the ability to make things very difficult for Valencia.

"Like us, Barcelona are in a crisis, but they are one of the best teams in the world with a very dangerous attack. However, if we are fully focused I believe that we can remove points from there... we need to win all of our remaining games," he stated at a press conference on Saturday.

"This match is very important for both teams because we need the points and so do they. It is always difficult against Barcelona, although against them we always seem to play good matches. I hope that we are at the top of our game."

Santiago Cañizares came back from the wilderness to stand-in for an injured Hildebrand last weekend against Osasuna, but Hildebrand clearly expects to be back between the sticks on Sunday and is hoping for a repeat of his performance against Barça in the Copa del Rey semi-finals.

"I am well - one hundred percent ready to play. This week we trained intensely inside the facilities and have done a lot of tactical work with Voro. I like how he trains us.

"I am glad to return [at the Camp Nou]. Clearly it will be difficult to emulate my last performance, but I am going to try and give my best. I want to play perfectly in order to help the team," he concluded.


Crosas: Barça Here For Benzema