Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Pirés: Raúl-Aragonés Is Like Me And Domenech

The Villarreal man has come up against the Real Madrid captain this season, but that's not where their connections begin and end.

Indeed, the former Arsenal winger believes that his treatment under France national team boss Raymond Domenech puts him on a par with Raúl due to his controversies with Spain coach Luis Aragonés.

Pirés told As.com, "I'm not disappointed that I don't get to go to Euro 2008 because I knew it would happen. Everyone knows that I have a problem with the manager, a bit like Raúl and Aragonés," he said.

"Still, that's life."

The veteran added that France can still go on to win the Euros without him as they have "many quality players."

And while he takes an interest in the national side, he admitted that he probably won't be watching many of the France matches unless they reach the final four.

"I've been lucky enough to win the Euros with France, but now I'm planning on disconnecting for a while before building for next season, which will be very tough."


Toffees eye Joaquin
Platini: Italy, France & Germany Favourites
The Fans Deserve It - Guti