Thursday, May 1, 2008

Rijkaard Assistant: Frank Will Leave Barcelona Soon

Van Eyle is a representative of the "Teaming" mode of giving, one that seeks to band together large organisations to donate small portions of their wages to charity.

One of his patrons is Frank Rijkaard of Barcelona, whose job has been under threat for some time. And now it appears that van Eyle has inadvertantly become the first to confirm that the manager will be out of work in just a few short weeks.

He wrote on the Teaming blog, "Until now I am lucky that the company Samhoud pays me a monthly scholarship until December 2008 and apart from that I work for Frank Rijkaard who especially gives me a lot of free time to work on Teaming. But as Frank will leave FC Barcelona within a couple of weeks my job for him will also end.

"He told me that he will always support Teaming with his name and image but logically I have to look for another 'sponsor...'"


It has already been something of an open secret that Rijkaard's time at Camp Nou was up, given that for the second successive season the blaugrana have failed to land any silverware.


Ramos Eyes Sensational Berba-Eto’o Swap - Report
Werder midfielder in line for return
Forlan Backing Barca To Beat United
Sacchi: Man Utd Betrayed England