Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Cygan: I Would Like To Stay

Cygan, 34, was a regular starter in the first half of the season, but has made just five appearances since the turn of the year due to injury and the form of Gonzalo Rodriguez and Diego Godin.

The suggestion in recent months is that he would be moved on at the end of the campaign, but Cygan insists that no decision has been made as to his future.

"The club have told me that [my future] is still up in the air. Will I stay? Today it is a no, but tomorrow it could be a yes. For that reason I will maintain hope, but if it is not to be then I will see which other teams are interested,” he explained.

“While there are options, there is still an opportunity to continue and for that reason it is not something that I am going to discard.”

Meanwhile, President Fernando Roig indicated that he has great respect for Cygan and that a decision will be made in the coming weeks.

"Everybody is content here and if it were up to me they would all continue,” he affirmed.

“Cygan is a great professional who enjoys living in the province of Castellón, but we do not yet know what is going to happen because we are still in the process of planning for next season and need to speak about who will be leaving.”


Nedved could stay at Juve
Wilhelmsson Surprised By Raúl’s Spain Absence