Monday, May 26, 2008

Edmilson States Title Ambitions

Edmilson was presented to the press as a Villarreal player early on Monday afternoon and insisted that he expects to fight for trophies with the team that finished second to Real Madrid in the season just ended.

"Whenever I assume a challenge, I put my maximum effort into achieving it, just like every football player and normal person does," he told the reporters in attendance.

"People may think that a player of 31 years of age would come here to rest, but I come to help Villarreal grow as a team and to fight for titles."

The Brazilian defender-cum-midfielder has struggled with injuries in recent times, but is certain that those problems are now behind him.

"The fact that I am still in good condition was the reason I decided to join such an ambitious side, because if there had been a problem with my knee or anything else then it would have shown up in the medical exams I underwent before signing," he affirmed.

As the conference drew to a close, Edmilson was asked what he saw as the major differences between Villarreal and his former club Barcelona.

"I will be able to enjoy myself here. That does now mean that there will not be pressure on us as a team, but that there is a unique philosophy here and I believe that can take us to glory," he concluded.


Rocha’s versatility benefiting FCD
Valverde: Second Half Has Been A Disaster