Sunday, May 18, 2008

Robinho: I'm Not Leaving Madrid

The Brazilian has found himself increasingly ostracised from the first eleven in recent weeks as Arjen Robben takes over the left wing role.

Rumours of extracurricular indiscretions abound, too, but the man himself is eager to point out that he'll still be a Madrid player next year.

He did this while stating that he didn't hear the whistles from some of the fans that were apparently directed towards him during his side's 5-2 win over Levante.

"I just heard applause," he shrugged to Marca.

"This won't be my last title with Madrid because I'm going nowhere. I'm going to be here for years.

"I'm delighted for the trophy that we won this season. It's well deserved. We are just winners and now we'll celebrate with our fans."

He added, "We're champions and I'm happy with the party and the title. I hope that next season will be even better. I want to be here for many years and win many more leagues."


Jose wants big club or nothing
Calderón: Sergio Ramos Is Staying
The Fans Deserve It - Guti
Capdevila: Madrid Deserve It