Monday, May 5, 2008

Güiza: Hard Work Is The Way To Goal

The Jerez-born hitman managed his 23rd and 24th goals of the season against Athletic at the weekend, thus leapfrogging Luis Fabiano at the top of the goalscoring standings.

"He remarked today, "With hard work, the ball is always going to go in.

"I'm very happy [being at the top of the Pichichi], because when you wake up and see that your teammates are alongside you, that's the best thing.

"Was I thinking of the award when I scored? No, the only thing on my mind was victory to help us towards a UEFA Cup spot."

Fabiano is just one goal behind, having led Güiza for much of the season.

"Yes, Luis is in a bad streak because the ball isn't coming to him, but I too went five games without scoring and he remarked on it. Be calm, because the ball will always work with you," he said by way of encouragement.

"Do I have a target for my goal tally? I just go game by game and think of helping my colleagues."


Lotina: Football Is 80% Work, 20% Talent
Marmol set to work out with Fire
D.C. United unable to find spark against Rapids
Terry & Essien Delighted After ‘Rollicking’
Rijkaard Assistant: Frank Will Leave Barcelona Soon