Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Jonás Confirms Mallorca Exit

Jonás, 25, has come to the end of his two year loan from Vélez Sársfield and with Mallorca unable to afford the €8million fee that the Argentine club are requesting for his services, the midfielder has played his last game for the Islanders.

"The truth is that I am not particularly pleased with the way things have ended, but I go away content because of what I have achieved at Mallorca and the fact that I had an opportunity to play in Spain," he told Marca.

"My relationship with the president has always been the same as it has been with everyone at the club, although it is true that the technical secretary and me have not exchanged words. Having said that, I leave without being annoyed with anyone."

The Argentine international was linked with a move to Portsmouth during the January transfer window and hopes that he will get the opportunity to continue his career in Europe.

"I do not know where I will be next season, but my desire is to continue playing in Europe. Hopefully something will come up that is good for all parties," he affirmed.

"I cannot regret the fact that I couldn't move in Janaury because Mallorca didn't want me to leave in the middle of the season. I have always that everything happens for a reason and the same is true in football."

As the interview drew to a close, Jonás had some kind words for the Mallorca supporters.

"There are no words to describe how grateful I am to the supporters. When I came across some fans in Palma, they all told me that they wanted me to stay on," he concluded.


Birindelli confirms Juve exit
Gattuso not planning Milan exit
Sevilla And Valencia Track Jonás
Ibagaza: Güiza Must Grasp Opportunity