Saturday, May 17, 2008

Henry: Just Go, Eto'o

Thierry Henry has insisted that it's time for Barcelona teammate Samuel Eto'o to make a move, further to reports linking him with Milan and Tottenham.

“If I were Sam, I would go, but I don’t decide for him,” Henry told France-Football.

Regarding the club's fans turning on the striker, Henry added: “I never, never, never experienced such a moment. The atmosphere was very hard.”

As for himself, Henry feels that he's finished the season strongly. However, he admits that he should have taken a break after moving from Arsenal last summer.

“I was injured when I moved in and for six months I did not do anything,” the former Gunner admmitted.

“Rijkaard asked me if I wanted to be apart from the group and work for two months with a physical programme.

“I told him I wanted stay with the group, but it has been a massive mistake. When you play you cannot recover.

“I scored 18 goals in all competitions, without shooting free kicks or penalties. I made 10 assists and, despite the bad results, I finished with a good series: four goals in the last three games.”

Despite not hinting that he wants to leave the Camp Nou, the France international wants his future to be crystal clear before he continues, insisting: “If I am not part of the club’s plans, it is time to be told.”


NFL rule forces Texans part-owner to sell share
Kaka - Best is yet to come
Henry: The Referee Didn’t Help