Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Javi García: I Won't Leave Madrid Again

Javi, who came through the youth ranks at Real Madrid Castilla, seemed destined for great things when he broke through to the first team as a 17-year-old back in 2004.

He managed three Liga appearanceds in the 2004-05 campaign - including one start - but from then on was used almost solely by Castilla, moving up only for matches outside the league.

Thus when the chance came for him to grab first team football last season he took it, securing a transfer to Osasuna. But after playing 24 Liga matches for the rojillos, it appears he's back to square one - and he couldn't be happier.

Madrid have exercised their re-buy option for the 21-year-old defensive midfielder, and this time he's eager to make a go of it.

He told Marca, "[Madrid] contacted me and said that, in principle, I'd be in the first team squad, and that's why I'm here.

"It's true that there are many twists and one can never know what last-minute signings will come or what will happen at Real Madrid, but I'm going to do everything I can to stay among the 25 [first team players]."

You Are The Quarry

In the past he has stated that it would be "difficult" for him, as a cantera product, to succeed in Madrid, also once stating that he'd prefer to avoid the fact of Roberto Soldado, another Osasuna loanee who has so far failed to make the grade in the capital.

"Each case is different, though," he protested. "Real Madrid play 70 games a year... and I will fight to the death to be among the 25.

"My chance here in Madrid must be exhausted to the fullest. Madrid are one of the best teams in the world and for any boy the greatest dream is to play for them. Unless I'm given a kick in the butt, I'm going nowhere."


Calderón: Sergio Ramos Is Staying
Granero Wants Permanent Resolution