Sunday, February 1, 2009

Boluda Coy On Mijatovic's Real Madrid Future

Real Madrid's interim president, Vicente Boluda, is refusing to shed any light on the future of sporting director Predrag Mijatovic.

When asked about the prospect of Mijatovic leaving before the season ends, Boluda told the press, "I have not taken a decision. I will meet with the board and we will decide. At the moment there are no points for or against."

The president then commented on Los Blancos' 2-0 win over Numancia, saying, "I do not understand much about football, but I do understand that winning is good. I want to thank the staff and the coach for their effort in this stupendous performance."

He then touched on the last-minute signing of Julien Faubert, stating, "He will be magnificent. I am sure that he will help the team. The coach wanted a player of his type and we have got him. He is a French international and we expect great things."

Finally, Boluda revealed that being the president was not all fun of games, saying, "It is hard, because I do not like being asked for autographs.

"My job is to calm things down. I want to leave a mark by laying the framework for the elections.

"My appointment is temporary and there will be elections before the summer."

Arjun Miglani, Goal.com



Raúl Hoping Real Madrid Focus Shifts To The Pitch
Pieces falling in place for Hoops