Thursday, February 12, 2009

Jonathan Pereira Seeking Villarreal Return In Summer

Jonathan Pereira has admitted that his main desire this summer is to return to Villarreal following his loan spell with Racing Santander.

The striker has played just a few times for his parent club, whilst for Racing he has been a first team regular under Juan Ramon Lopez Muniz.

Nevertheless, he told Marca that he wants to go back to El Madrigal.

"I do not know anything about the chance of returning. It is something that is up to them [the club] ultimately, but they have not said anything about it. Without doubt that is my great desire, as Villarreal is my home and after two years out on loan my wish is to play there," he declared.

Certainly Pereira has impressed at times during his loan spell with Racing, but whether or not he has done enough to dislodge Joseba Llorente or Giuseppe Rossi remains to be seen.

He acknowledged that if he is not able to return to El Submarino Amarillo then he wishes to stay with Racing.

"It is not a bad option, indeed, quite the opposite. If I cannot go back to Villarreal then to stay here for another year would be the best for me. This is something we will talk about at the end of the season," he mused.

"It is difficult to arrive at a team and for things to go so well. I am very comfortable and happy here at Santander and they are showing confidence in me."

Villarreal and Racing meet this weekend in La Primera but unfortunately for Pereira he will not be able to play, due to stipulations in his contract.

"It is sad not to be able to play this game, since I wanted to. I understand though that Villarreal put the clauses and Racing will not pay. It will be very strange to watch from the stands and see both of my teams playing though," he concluded.

James Walker-Roberts, Goal.com


Player Ratings: Racing Santander 1-2 Barcelona
Kljestan stars in return to home soil
Arena: Beckham won’t be distraction
Juande Ramos Hints At Real Madrid Debut For Faubert