Saturday, February 28, 2009

Eto'o eager to extend contract

Etoo eager to extend contract
Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o insists he sees 'no reason to leave' the Camp Nou this summer.

Rumour has been rife that the Primera Liga's leading scorer could quit the Catalan club at the end of the current season, with AC Milan a possible destination.

But Eto'o has moved to dampen the speculation, indicating that he wants to stay at Barca beyond 2010, when his current contract expires.

"Of course I want to continue," Eto'o told Canal Catala . "I have learned to love Barcelona over the last few years although I have never hidden the affection I have for (former club) Real Mallorca.

"I'm very happy and see no reason to leave. I'm going to stay to the end of my contract and if the club want me I would like to stay longer."

Eto'o was asked if he would ever consider returning to Barca's arch-rivals Real Madrid.

"If I leave one day it will not be to the Bernabeu," he said. "I could never hurt the Barca fans by doing that."




Milan dismiss Eto’o talk
With no deal, Beckham set to return