Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Yaya puts clubs on alert

Yaya puts clubs on alert

Manchester United and Arsenal are reported to have been put on alert after Yaya Toure revealed he is ready to consider his future at Barcelona after being left on the bench yet again.

The Ivory Coast midfielder was clearly unhappy after seeing young Sergio Busquets employed in the defensive midfield role as he began game against Real Madrid as a substitute.

After penning a new deal in the summer to ward off interest from other clubs Toure thought that it was a sign he was a regular first team player, but this season has has only started four games.

"My situation is astonishing. I have to take a personal decision about all this," he told France Football after the win against Madrid.

"When a new contract is given to a player, particularly at a club like this, it makes no sense to then leave him on the bench all the time.

"I think that at my age a player is at his peak in physical and ability termns, but I do not have the chance to play at the moment.

"This situation is damaging. I am not a thirtysomething, I am still young (26).

"I need more minutes because I am not playing enough. But the coach is the one that has to decide if I play or not."

Toure was linked with Manchester City recently, but one of his representatives Dmitri Semak dismissed the idea that he would move to Eastlands when some of Europe's most successful clubs were interested.

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Man. Utd v Tottenham. Click here to bet.

Saunders puts in remarkable effort in MLS Cup 2009Toure rules out City switch