Saturday, December 26, 2009

Gunners chief slams Barca

Gunners chief slams Barca

Arsenal chairman Peter Hill-Wood has launched a scathing attack on Barcelona over their continued pursuit of Cesc Fabregas.

The Catalan giants are constantly linked with a move for the 22-year-old, who departed their youth system to sign for Arsenal in 2006.

Real Madrid are also linked, but Barca are thought to be leading the chase, should Fabregas decide his time with Arsenal is over.

Hill-Wood has now responded to the latest speculation, which has arisen following comments from Barca president Joan Laporta.

"I am really p****d off with Barcelona and all that nonsense," he told the Daily Star .

Long-term contract

"Cesc is on a very good, long-term contract and I don't think he has any intention of not honouring it.

"It is not the first time they have done this and it is a most disrespectful and tiresome thing to do.

"You would think there would be some action you could take against them, but I suppose you cannot stop the man shooting his mouth off.

"Our position, and I think Cesc's position, is very steadfast. He has been with us for seven years and there is no reason he should want to up sticks.

"I don't think I would talk to him about what Barcelona have been saying because I don't think he wants to talk about it.

"From everything we hear he is very settled. He has a long-term contract and I see absolutely no reason why it shouldn't continue."



Barca to ‘fight’ for FabregasFCD’s Pearce open to position change in 2010