Thursday, December 17, 2009

Perotti pens Sevilla deal

Perotti pens Sevilla deal

Sevilla star Diego Perotti has ended speculation about his future by signing a new deal at the club.

The highly-rated Argentine had been linked with a move away from Sevilla with big-spending Manchester City credited with an interest in Perotti.

However, Sevilla have tied down the 21-year-old to a new long-term deal to keep him at the club until 2015 and inserted a buy-out clause of 48 million euros into his contract.

Perotti was happy to pledge his long-term future to Sevilla.

"I'm very happy, it's something I was hoping for. I was keen to continue here for many years, the club have been very good to me from the first day," said Perotti.

"Things have happened very quickly, the club had faith in me at a time when few would have, [Manolo] Jimenez gave me the opportunity to be where I am today and I'm always going to be very grateful to this club.

"I hope to be able to give back to Sevilla all that they are doing for me."



RSL, Espindola reach contract extensionPerotti focused on Sevilla