Friday, December 4, 2009

Neymar interest grows

Neymar interest grows

Interest is growing in Brazilian starlet Neymar, with Chelsea and Manchester City reportedly now in the hunt for his signature.

The 17-year-old is already a first-team regular for Santos and has been hailed as one of the South America's brightest young stars for the past 12 months.

Neymar has also cemented his reputation by grabbing 14 goals in the last year.

Manchester United and Arsenal were the first English clubs to show an interest back in 2008, while Real Madrid, Barcelona, Juventus and AC Milan are all hot on his trail.

Now Chelsea and Manchester Cit are also taking a close look at Neymar - whose value has also soared in the past year.

Reports suggest that Santos want over Ј20million for the gifted teenager, who has over four years left on his current contract at Vila Belmiro.

Working hard

The player himself insists he is not yet thinking about a move to Europe.

"I only know what is being said in the press, nobody has spoken with me about a possible transfer, and for saying the truth, it's not in mind the idea of leaving Santos," said Neymar.

"I haven't been thinking of a move to Europe.

"I really don't know what is happening and why it said that many European teams are interested in me because here in Brazil nobody has approached me and even the club hasn't told me anything.

"Personally the only thing that I am thinking about is in giving my best to Santos and working very hard for next season as I would like to have a better season."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Man. City v Chelsea Match Specials: Man. City to score in 1st 10mins 9/1

Wizards fight to the end against UnitedBarca duo snub English offers