Thursday, December 17, 2009

Poyet dismisses Zaragoza talk

Poyet dismisses Zaragoza talk

Brighton manager Gus Poyet has ruled out the possibility of taking charge at Real Zaragoza.

Poyet played more than 200 games in seven years with the Spanish club, who sacked their boss Marcelino at the weekend.

The Uruguayan was only appointed Seagulls manager in November and insists he has no intention of moving on.

"I have been here for a month and, of course, I am not looking to change things right now," he told the Argus .

"This sort of thing is going to happen, because it was one of the places where I played and I had a great relationship with the whole town, but there is nothing, just rumours.

"My position is I would like to stay here, I won't move if the chairman lets me stay."

a.top_betting_link_1 {background-image: url('/Images/skysports/fixturecal/icons/fix-bet.gif');background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:0% 50%;padding-left:18px;}Swindon v Brighton Correct Score: Brighton 2-0 22/1

Zaragoza keen on PoyetFCD’s Pearce open to position change in 2010